Technical Support Engineer
Location: Portland, OR and/or Baton Rouge, LA- Hybrid remote (in office two days a week)
Dive right in. Swim with our pod. At Orca, in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, has quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for driven and talented people like you to join our Technical Support team and our mission to change the future of cloud security. Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
- High-growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. In the last two years, we’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.
- Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company.
- Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence.
- Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an inspiring team of top talents building a product that revolutionizes the way security is being done in the cloud. If you are an enthusiastic and technologically oriented support engineer, who is looking for a new challenge come join our team.
On a typical day you'll:
- Provide Tier 3 support for Orca customers
- Take end-to-end ownership of technical issues and work closely with R&D until full resolution
- Perform basic and advanced troubleshooting including DB analysis, log review and research
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting skills and technical knowledge
- Be able to multitask and prioritize incoming tickets
- Conduct remote session with our customers
- Document and share your knowledge, creating internal documents and self-help guides for customers
- 3-4 years hand-on experience as a Technical Support Engineer
- Self-learning abilities and a technical understanding
- Able to provide in depth analyses in a short time
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and team work
- Self management, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Fast learner, and ability to perform well under pressure
- Knowledge of cloud solutions AWS, GCP and Azure - An advantage
- Knowledge on databases - Postgres and ElasticSearch queries - An advantage
- Monitoring solutions experience - Grafana, Prometheus or any others - An advantage