Machine Learning Engineer
Big Ideas. Real People
At Orca, in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, has quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod!
- High-growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. We’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.
- Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company.
- Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence.
- Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
About the role
Orca Security is building a challenging, interesting, and a high pace evolving product that is changing the cloud-security landscape. We are growing and looking for talented, highly-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player to join us. We have an inspiring team of top talents building a product that revolutionizes the way security is being done in the cloud. We hold a real passion for the latest technology trends and strive to incorporate these technologies in our product. You will be an ML Engineer which is responsible for the development of high-end data-intensive capabilities owned by the Big Data and Machine Learning group.
On a typical day you’ll
- Build scalable data pipelines to process large datasets for machine learning use cases
- Monitor and optimize ML models for performance, scalability and reliability
- Collaborate with security researchers and product managers to craft, implement and maintain scalable ML products
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best solution
- Implement new requirements within our Agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles
- Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications and anticipate potential errors/issue
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
- Develop expertise of AWS, Azure, and GCP products and technologies
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, Java or Scala
- Knowledge and experience designing production grade large scale data-intensive systems
- Hands on experience in one of the following: Kafka, Spark, Flink, Trino, Presto, Airflow
- Hands on experience designing, operating, deploying and monitoring in ML based platforms
- Experience in working with SQL (PosgtreSQL or MySQL) and Columnar Data Warehouses such as: Snowflake, SingleStore, DataBricks, Couchbase, Cassandra, etc
- Experienced in working with micro-service architecture and cloud-native services
- Solid understanding of software design principles, concurrency, synchronization, memory management, data structures, algorithms, etc
- Experience with Data Lake infrastructure including Iceberg, EMR, Athena - (Advantage)
- Familiarity with various ML algorithms and frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, HuggingFace, Sklearn, etc - (Advantage)
Our Tech Stack
Python, Scala, Golang, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Django, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kibana, NoSQL, SingleStore, Kafka, SQS, Redis, Linux, AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud, AliCloud
At Orca Security, we value the creativity and innovation of our Software Engineers and embrace diversity in technical expertise. Therefore, we are open to considering candidates with a wide range of technical backgrounds and are not limiting our search to any specific technology stack.